Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 2 Challenge: The Meaning Behind my Blogger Name

I'm called Candy Chua.... not by choice....

The name was given by my mum who named herself Honey.... (*.*!!!)

and is registered on my birth certificate...


used to hate the name as i was always being teased for it... still remembered on my first day as a transferred student to marymount convent, class 1B in sept 1988... the whole class burst out laughing when i wrote my name on the board upon the request of the teacher... ( T.T )




and i'm always the hot favourite to be asked upon to answer questions in the first few weeks of school every year... i guess teachers just love my name given that it's just so eye catching and easy to pronoun bah...




but i have grown to love my name as it's easy to remember and gives me an excuse when i want to act all sweet and cute ... hahaha... but i guess i will be using my chinese name when i reached 40??? imagine an auntie called candy.... can faint lo....




Anyway, having such a sweet name comes with even sweeter pet names:

"tang tang (糖糖), tang guo (糖果), sweet sweet" are just to name a few...


i chose tangtang-land as my blogger name cos "land" to me means this blog is my land, my territory to write anything about what i want....


not tangguo-land cos it's not a blog selling sweets and definitely has nothing to do with sweets...

not sweetsweet-land cos i m not that kind of sweet sweet girl and also dun want other ppl to laugh at me for having such a girly and eeeeeeeeeee blogger name... hahaha...


No comments: