Friday, September 23, 2011

我是大耳窿

8 or 9 years ago, a jc classmate borrowed $2k from me....sighting emergency health reasons relating to his liver.... knowing that he had borrowed from other classmates previously and that these lenders are still friends with him, i naively thought that he is the 有借有还,再借不难 kind of people....somemore he drives a sports car, has a pilot father and live in private estate one lo....but.....i found out that he has no intention of returning the money at all...in fact, he had asked another friend for help to borrow another $2k from me....and worse, friends told me that they had see him clubbing and drinking heavily....would someone borrow money to cure his liver problem continue to be drinking heavily??? 

i felt like some super duper carrot la..... cursed and sweared at him and forced him to return me my money....i m not that kind that have the thinking that lend people money then must have the 心里准备 to lose the money kind lo... i expect people to return me my hard save money one lo.....it took me more than a year of monthly swearing and super 长气 debt collecting skill to claim back most of it....think i gave up towards the last $260.... cos it can be really tiring to collect debt la...the emotional stress and unhappiness.....since then i had never lend any friends any money liao..... 

not until this year.... i was already damn broke from the house cov and renovation.... but a friend requested to borrow $2k because of his mum's emergency health problem.... he promised to return the money within 2 weeks, immediately after his pay day..... but wait wait wait wait.... no news..... so sent him a text.... made another promise to do the transfer on that day and gave excuse for not returning on the first agreed date.... but then broke the second promise again..... and went on to break the 3rd and the 4th one till Mr Ang got really pissed....we had serious arguments over this matter at least twice..... and got me really upset cos i really dun wanna our relationship to be strain over other people yet i also dun wanna stress a friend to return the money...what if he really needs it urgently..... 

up till now, he had returned a quarter of the sum.... dun know when's the remaining coming in....he explained that he had to go underground to get the money as legal lender and bank can't help..... feel bad that i have to force a friend into such a corner to return me my money but at the same time, the situation seems different from what he had explained to me when he asked me to lend him the money.... i'm confused...... part of me feel guilty and embarrassed for not being a friend in need..... and part of me feel cheated...... cant decide and confirm which is which now..... behaving like an ostrich now..... 等以后再说吧..... 

No comments: