Friday, November 9, 2012

Effective Drawing (5) - Negative Space






Interesting examples of negative vs positive spaces... 

Can you see the 'E'?


Can you see the silhouette of the 3 brothers? 


This one very obvious right???


Challenge of the day - Draw THE chair

i chose the easiest one and purposely position myself such that i only have to draw 3 legs.... wahahaha.... 
 have to resort to this cos we were only given 2 hours to complete the work..... we cant possibly bring the chair home to do as homework right??? 


this is how the chair looked like through the view finder


my progress after half an hour to 45 minutes or so


i stopped taking photos and went back to work after i saw how serious everyone else were lo..... stress seh.... 

and after 2 hours of hard work, i did this.... =) 
my 腰 was so super 酸 at the end of the day lo.... 

anyway, i'm quite happy with my chair.... it looked proportionate enough, it looked stable enough and it looked 3D enough for me... =) 

but i know it could be better if i had drawn it bigger so that i dun have to draw so much shadows .... it could also be better if the shadows were more differentiated in values


i really think this course is damn good la.... besides teaching me how to draw, it managed to teach me to identify my own areas of weakness and areas for improvement... 

it used to be "there's something wrong with my drawing but i just cant pin-point what's wrong"  de lo.... 


last lesson for the workshop.... am so going to miss it...i really really learn alot alot from this program.... 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments: