Saturday, July 23, 2022

in memory of Dad





> the man who came into my life as a father-figure when i was 6

> the man who share his surname with me

> the man who doted on me like i was his first born princess

> the man who protected me from flying objects whenever mum was mad at me

> the man who only allowed us to have prawn noodles for breakfast every Sunday morning 

> the man who insisted that the whole family had to brave through Chinatown on Chinese New Year's eve 

> the man who sent my physics notebook to school in sec 3

> the man who drove me to school in year 1 of college days

> the man who picked me up from uni & nie whenever i have classes & discussions till late night

> the man who bought me my favourite jeep when i didnt even have a driving licence then

> the man who bought new mobile phones for me yearly

> the man who gave me an American Express sup card 

> the man whom allowed me to kope, pinch & extort extra allowances from willingly

thankful and grateful to him for whom he was to me and this amount of thankfulness and gratefulness greatly reduced the resentment that i would have when i became the sole bread-winner and care-giver to mum & the 3As when i was 26 due to his irresponsibility.

saw you thrice since then, with the last one this year for a CNY lunch...

of good bye, peace, comfort, nothingness ... 



No comments: