Friday, August 31, 2018

Quick Depression Test

Use this brief 18-question online automated quiz at Psychcentral.com to help you determine if you may need to see a mental health professional for diagnosis and treatment of depression, or for tracking your depression and mood on a regular basis.

Keeping the options in mind and answer the 18 questions below about how you have felt and behaved during the past week. Be honest for the most accurate result.



Options for each of the questions asked: 
  • Not at all
  • Just a little
  • Somewhat
  • Moderately
  • Quite a lot
  • Very much

List of the questions: 

1. I do things slowly.
2. My future seems hopeless.
3. It is hard for me to concentrate on reading.
4. The pleasure and joy has gone out of my life.
5. I have difficulty making decisions.
6. I have lost interest in aspects of life that used to be important to me.
7. I feel sad, blue, and unhappy.
8. I am agitated and keep moving around.
9. I feel fatigued.
10. It takes great effort for me to do simple things.
11. I feel that I am a guilty person who deserves to be punished.
12. I feel like a failure.
13. I feel lifeless -- more dead than alive.
14. My sleep has been disturbed -- too little, too much, or broken sleep.
15. I spend time thinking about HOW I might kill myself.
16. I feel trapped or caught.
17. I feel depressed even when good things happen to me.
18. Without trying to diet, I have lost, or gained, weight.


There's a scoring at the end of the quiz showing if you might have depression and the level of severity of your depression.  Please get help. 

No comments: