Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Health Check

supposed to be a yearly health check @ Raffles Hospital but due to this, due to that, due to covid the last 3 years... the last check was 5 years ago in 2018... finally made the call in mid March only to be informed that the earliest available slot is in August.... free 的就是要等久久... 😅😅😅


took the bus & train at 8+am... taken by surprise at how sardine packed it were both on the bus & on the train...i was cornered left, right, front, back to the extend that i couldnt even looked at my phone... 😰😰😰... so uncomfy to be in such close contact with strangers...


and to make the experience worse, train was stopping longer at each station...what could have been a 25 minute journey became a 45 minute journey... staff-in-charge couldn't make up his/her mind so was toggling between train fault & passenger needing assistance announcement to explain the delay.... 


at times like this, i'm so so so thankful that my daily commute to work is at 6+am and my commute home is at 1.30pm on most days... on better days, can even get a seat to snooze / watch videos / play homescape for a good 10 minute... 😅


pretty sculpture @ the hospital lobby



went into the lift, saw the "Please Put On Your Mask" poster and blurted out a very loud "💩".... Heng, i was the only one in the lift... acted blur, proceeded to registration counter and '习以为常' counter staff automatically handed me a mask... thank you very de much... 😁

yakun voucher to reward me for fasting prior to the blood test... 😍😍😍


doc said blood pressure was good but showed concerned with the mass she could feel in my '小糖果之家'... masses that can be detected by the hand is at least 10cm she said but it's most likely a fibroid and fibroids are almost always benign, she added with a smile... let's wait for the report & dont worry too much okay?.... Sure, since you said so... 😅😅😅


doc also asked about my migraine which was documented in my record... happy to reply, "好久好久 no have 了"... i attributed this to not having stress from work & enjoying a very great work-life balance in the last 8 years ... 😍😍😍


measured height at 165cm... confirmed is inaccurate one...  cos it cannot be that i'm so blessed that i'm still growing vertically up when i'm already into my 40s right?!?! This extra 2.2cm must be for the puffy 'bird nest' on my head, just like 小宋's... Hahahaha


And i'm 1.5kg heavier than my ideal... Another motivation to restart / maintain my daily walk walk after being a sick + lazy bum the last 2 months... 🥴


no colour-blindness, no short-sightedness... my lasik in 2006 is holding it well seh... oh well, 老花 has set in but only in my left eye... 😂😂😂


spotted another pretty sculpture on my way out... 


Original plan was to check out the cafes at haji lane for lunch then maybe can 顺便 go get my family line tattoo... plan aborted cos sun too strong for my liking... Plan B > go check out Coach Cafe and maybe pamper myself with the rabbit print tote bag that i saw online previously... googled to get direction then saw that it wasnt open on Wed... 😢😢😢


算了... 还是 Bugis 的 Ajisen 最靠谱... $11.90++ inclusive of main, side & refillable drink and confirm got seat even at lunch hours... mx further sweetened the deal by chalking up $3+ of credit in her previous visits... 😊


No comments: